- My little cousin, who is one of my best friends, is in town, and tomorrow we're going to get out ears pierced. She's going for a standard helix (cartilage) piercing, and I think I'm going to get my rook done. If you read my Beauty Resolutions of 2012, you know that I want my forward helix pierced with three earrings, but my ear isn't quite healed enough for that yet. Patience is NOT a virtue I am known for. Still, I've been contemplating a rook piercing for some time, and I'm excited for us to go together. This will be her first "real" piercing besides earlobes, so she's pumped.
Left: Helix (or "Cartilage") and Right: Rook
- I've been browsing the internet for a new layout. If you know of (or design yourself, for that matter!) any simple, cute blog layouts, feel free to send 'em my way! I appreciate it!
- I am actively looking for a tattoo artist who is experienced with white ink. Back to my resolutions again, one of my goals for this year is to finally get the tattoo I've wanted for over ten years. White ink tattoos are easy to mess up if the artist isn't careful or skilled, so if anyone knows of an artist that has done nice white ink work (preferably in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, New Jersey, or New York) PLEASE let me know! I would be so grateful!
- I am recovering from knee surgery! It's actually been a week since my surgery, which was a minor procedure. I won't
- I've mentioned this in the past, but few people in my "real" life know about my blog, for various reasons. I recently visited one of my very best friends, Leigh, who has always supported my blog, my crazy nail polish addiction, and me throughout life in general. She loves nail polish, too, and I had forgotten how fun it was to paint each other's nails and gab about holographic finishes and what our favorite brands were. The pic is a little blurry, but here's a shot of me and one of the greatest friends a girl could ask for!
|Me (left) and my darling Leighbird (right)|
So basically, that's what going on at the moment! If you're interested, check out the most recent winter collections I've reviewed, in case you missed them:
OPI The Muppets Collection
Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolors
Also, if you have a New Year's beauty resolution and want to share it with the community, leave it in a comment here, or in an email, and it'll show up on the Beauty Resolutions Page. Of course, when you complete it, we'll check it off so you can be proud! (Hey, I know I am if I manage to stick to any of my resolutions!!!) :D
Have a great day, all!